В редакцию «Потока» обратились с просьбой опубликовать информацию об открытых вакансиях компании Expon Capital, занимающуюся венчурными инвестициями. Подробнее о Expon Capital вы можете прочитать на официальном сайте. Чтобы откликнуться на вакансию или задать интересующие вас вопросы — пишите на почту firstname.lastname@example.org. Описание вакансии приводится на английском языке.
As VC Associate/Analyst, you will report directly to the Partners managing the fund. The position is based in Luxembourg City. As an Associate/Analyst at Expon Capital, you’ll learn what the venture capital business is about and gain insight into many fascinating technology startups.
The ideal candidate would be equally interested in working at a startup as in venture capital. We are open to candidates ranging from soon-to-be Tier 1 Computer Science/Engineering graduates with a Business Administration background (MBA) to candidates with a graduate degree and/or several years of relevant work experience.
As the chosen candidate you will make sure the investment funnel is appropriately followed from deal origination / screening to decision making, respecting the internal investment criteria & processes. In addition, you will support the Partner responsible for the company’s day-to-day investment project management and operating activities, including reporting.
The primary responsibility of the analyst is to help manage the day-to-day activities of the firm, including:
- Managing the investment funnel process from (i) recording deals received by the firm (ii) reading, sorting, filtering deals and preparing deal flow meetings (iii) making sure that each and every deal provider gets an answer
- Performing market research and due diligence for potential investments, which could entail financial or web-analytics modeling, or testing products and services
- Meeting with entrepreneurs who have started businesses in which Expon Capital may be interested in investing
- Attend startup pitches and demo days
- Reporting to our investors, which includes helping to set companies’ valuations, writing quarterly updates, and packaging the material for our investors
- Working with Expon Capital portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, valuation work
- Designing and executing projects of your own direction that help Expon Capital and/or our portfolio companies
If you are a software engineer, you may also be in charge of a special project to design the VC tool of tomorrow. In association with leading scientists you will develop an autonomous venture sourcing system and integrate the different lines of code necessary to enhance the team’s watch and screen capabilities.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Clarity of mind : combination of analytical skills and mastery of business concepts
- Familiarity with web/mobile technologies and understanding of the ecosystem of web and mobile services
- Ideally some solid programming experience
- Strong drive and the ability to self-direct – your work and time is open-ended by nature and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with little, if any, management or direction
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English- well-articulated and defended opinions are a necessity
- English and German as first and second language or vice versa, French is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills – you’ll often be talking to entrepreneurs and other investors on behalf of Expon Capital
- Strong organizational skills – you’ll be keeping track of documents for a large portfolio of investments
- High energy levels
- Comfort modeling in Excel, basic coding and working in Google Docs
- Comfortable in a small, relatively unstructured office environment
- Track record of high standards for uncompromised business ethics and absolute integrity
If you are a software engineer, we’re looking for:
- A full-stack generalist with solid experience in building human-friendly web applications.
- Interested in data science, reporting, and machine learning.
- An active open-source contributor.
- Obsessed with automation.
- Not afraid to make mistakes (but writes test cases to avoid them where possible ;-).
- Comfortable working with a fast-moving distributed team and an effective self-manager.